We are a team of passionate practitioners with a vast range of experience, expertise and personalities.
- We believe that each child is unique and different. We therefore ensure that our staff/child ratios are high. This enables us to spend time with individual children or small groups, in order to stimulate interests and extend learning at the specific pace they require.
- We believe that children become confident and learn best when they are able to express themselves and take risks within a safe environment. Therefore we Observe, Watch and Listen (OWL) before we intervene in children’s play and actions.
- Our behaviour management policy and strategy is implemented consistently to ensure children are confident in understanding boundaries and consequences.
- We have an amazing play environment and excellent resources, enabling children of all ages and abilities to enjoy their play, get messy and extend their own learning.
- We prepare children for the transition to school by running a ‘Bright Sparks’ session in the Summer Term ahead of their school start in September.
Designated Safeguarding Lead: Introduction Course
Level 2 Food Hygiene I have worked within the pre-school setting for the past twenty-seven years, both in the UK and Europe. I am passionate about the care of young children. I like nothing more than playing with puppets to bring a story to alive; I have introduced Pascal from France and Trevor the Troll from Germany to Loxwood Pre-School.
In my spare time I enjoy pottery, sculpture and metal sculpture.
Introduction to the role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead & Child Protection Training Course
Food Hygiene & Safety level 2
Since leaving school I have pursued my passion for working within the Early Years sector. I graduated with my Early Years degree in 2015 and over the years have gained a variety of experiences in different settings.
I really enjoy the creative side of Early Years and love exploratory play!
In my spare time I love spending time with my husband and our daughter who was born this year! We enjoy taking our dog for walks and taking family trips to the beach.
Paediatric First Aid
Level 2 Food Hygiene
I have worked in Early Years since 2007. I worked abroad as a nanny and in a variety of nursery settings and with new-borns to teenagers.
I love working in Early Years because no day is the same. You never know where the children’s imagination or fascination might take you that day.
In my spare time, I enjoy spending it with my family and friends. I also enjoy taking my dog Max for long walks with my Son to find new adventures.
Designated Child Protection Officer
Level 2 Food Hygiene
I am a qualified Nursery Nurse. I have been working within the Education system for many years. I recently worked at a local Pre-school as a Supervisor, prior to that I was a Teaching Assistant at a Specialist School (working with children and young adults with Autism and severe learning difficulties).
I also worked as an Administrator at the University of Surrey and was a Nursery Nurse at an Independent school in Godalming.
I have two young daughters and love spending time with my family. In my spare time I enjoy running and reading.
There is so much to enjoy when I teach sports in Early Years, the children are always honest in all they do and say so when they perform sports with a smile on their face and laugh throughout tells me we are doing something right together.
As a group we not only improve on the physical benefits that sport offers but also the understanding of rules and working together to complete tasks.
My Early Years session is one of the highlights of my week!!
Paediatric First Aid
Introduction to Child Protection
I have worked in Early Years since 1976 as a teacher, teaching assistant, child-minder and preschool supervisor and assistant. I have also brought up my own 3 (now grown up!) children, and have a lovely grandson who lives close by.
My interests are reading, walking, swimming, gardening and helping my husband at our allotment. I also love spending time with all my family, especially my wonderful grandson!
I have worked at Loxwood Pre-school for over 20 years before deciding to retire. I still enjoy working with the children whilst at the same time enjoying the time to travel with my husband, spending time with my three daughters and gardening.
Policies & Procedures
Our policies and procedures are reviewed regularly and updated in the light of any new legislation. They are based on the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) statutory framework.