We are a team of passionate practitioners with a vast range of experience, expertise and personalities.
- We believe that each child is unique and different. We therefore ensure that our staff/child ratios are high. This enables us to spend time with individual children or small groups, in order to stimulate interests and extend learning at the specific pace they require.
- We believe that children become confident and learn best when they are able to express themselves and take risks within a safe environment. Therefore we Observe, Watch and Listen (OWL) before we intervene in children’s play and actions.
- Our behaviour management policy and strategy is implemented consistently to ensure children are confident in understanding boundaries and consequences.
- We have an amazing play environment and excellent resources, enabling children of all ages and abilities to enjoy their play, get messy and extend their own learning.
- We prepare children for the transition to school by running a ‘Bright Sparks’ session in the Summer Term ahead of their school start in September.
Since leaving school I have pursued my passion for working within the Early Years sector. I graduated with my Early Years degree in 2015 and over the years have gained a variety of experiences in different settings. I really enjoy the creative side of Early Years and love exploratory play! In my spare time I love spending time with my husband and our daughter and we enjoy taking our dog for walks and taking family trips to the beach.
I have worked in Early Years since 2007. I worked abroad as a nanny and in a variety of nursery settings and with new-borns to teenagers. I love working in Early Years because no day is the same. You never know where the children’s imagination or fascination might take you that day. In my spare time, I enjoy spending it with my family and friends. I also enjoy taking my dog Max for long walks with my Son to find new adventures.
I really enjoy playing with the children, getting involved with arts and crafts and cooking. In my spare time I love days out with my family and my 6 year old daughter, going for long walks, the beach or exploring on the family farm.
Since having my daughter, I have found a real passion with working with children so in between working at Loxwood Preschool, I am also working towards a Health and Social care degree to further my career.
Policies & Procedures
Our policies and procedures are reviewed regularly and updated in the light of any new legislation. They are based on the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) statutory framework.